Fonts can be installed in several folders in OS X, but we recommend that you do the following:
First, close any open applications. Newly installed fonts may not appear in your font menu if you ignore this step.
Install using Font Book:
- Double-click the unzipped font file and Font Book will open a preview of the font.
- Click “Install Font” at the bottom of the preview.
- Open Finder and click the Go menu at the top of the screen.
- While in the Go menu, hold down both the Alt/Option and Shift keys on your keyboard to reveal the hidden link to the Library folder
- Navigate to your Fonts folder:
- Drag and drop the unzipped font files into this folder.